COMPANY POLICIES, PRACTICES, AND PROCEDURES
SCHEDULING AND SERVICING
Setting up an appointment with us is easy. We can schedule your move over-the-phone, in-person, or online. We recommend you make your reservation with us as soon as possible. Advanced notice of your moving date allows us enough time to schedule our crew and to ensure the moving truck’s availability. Your start time is approximate and may be subject to change; however, you will be informed if it differs substantially.
- If your move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, we reserve the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work for you.
- If you cancel the same day of your move you will be charged the base (minimum) hourly fee regardless if it was worked or not.
- All deposits or booking fees are non-refundable. However, if you need to cancel services or need to reschedule, we will honor your deposit for up to 90 days after your initial scheduled date, after which expires.
- At any moment during or before the move, if any unusual circumstances arise, or if for any reason the customer displays unruly behavior, we reserve the right to stop the job, lock the truck with the customer’s belongings, and request for a deposit.
- If the customer does not behave in an appropriate manner (insults movers, tries to force movers, etc.) our workers are required to stop the service immediately. The customer will be obligated to pay from the initial time arrived until the time the customer signs next to the stop time.
- If for any reason the customer decides to stop our services prior to the job completion, while in transit; the customer will be obligated to pay from the time arrived, until the time we stopped working.
PROCESS AND DURATION
For non-binding estimates, time runs continuously from our arrival of the origin-destination and ends once we stop working; billed in ¼ hour increments and rounded up. The actual cost of your move is contingent upon the actual time needed to complete plus any billable charges or fees. Time for each move will vary based on a variety of factors, including volume or dimensions of items moved, preparedness, stairs (up or down), and other circumstances that may cause a delay.
- Multiple trips may be necessary to complete the move. Under certain cases It may be necessary to occupy an additional service vehicle, such as for out-of-town moves.
- In the event that there is no more room to load the service vehicles, a separate charge may be incurred to complete the service. Depending on the mover’s availability, a separate date may be required to move the remaining items.
- We reserve the right to send extra men to complete a job if the job is more than what was described in the original assessment or if a job is running beyond 8 hours worked, and will be billed accordingly.
- We reserve the right to limit our workday to 12 hours.
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown during a relocation, we will only be responsible for making up lost time upon a mutually agreed date and time.
- Service vehicle(s) will be parked in an area approved by the customer. However, the customer is responsible to obtain any permits or permissions necessary; and pay any costs to access this space. The Customer will be liable for any consequences that may arise from this; including parking fines/fees, violations, towing costs, or damages to the service vehicle.
- Should we arrive at any location and a parking permit was not obtained, at our discretion may choose to accept this risk for a $100 risk fee, due upon arrival. Or, if declined by us, items will be returned to their original location and billed for the time worked.
Our immediate work zone can be a hazardous place where serious injuries can occur. Wee-Move reserves the right to refuse service if the work area is occupied by any person, children, pets, or other service providers such as painters, carpenters, roofers, locksmiths, etc. Where it is not a safe scenario under which relocation services should be performed. Our company will not do anything that we feel is unsafe.
- We reserve the right to cancel your move without being held liable, for any circumstances that may cause a threat or safety concern to any person, place, or thing to be moved. This includes questionable or illegal requests, unsafe road conditions, and any situation that may cause reasonable concern to us or the properties.
- It is important that you notify us of heavy or cumbersome items (i.e. pool table, oversized armoires, refrigerators, freezers, gun safes, etc.).
Wee-Move reserves the right to refuse work in the event that our movers arrive in hazardous health and safety conditions including but not limited to: fecal matter, urine, excessive animal hair and/or dander, excessive dust, mold or mildew, strong urine or musty odor(s), presence of rats/mice, roaches, fleas, bed bugs or other pest infestation, faulty steps or staircases, non-cleared pathways, floors or walkways, any situation deemed to be a risk to injury, domestic disputes or any violent activity presented upon the worksite. In any of these situations, our moving team and our office reserves the right to cancel the job outright, consider a fair hazardous condition fee rather than refusing the job outright. Any hazardous condition fees may apply per mover and will be added to the total cost of the bill.
- Our company will not work in unfloored attics. Ceiling damage and personal injury may result.
- Our company will not move any items under pressure such as propane tanks, other flammables or hazardous material. Federal law forbids you to ship hazardous materials in your household goods boxes or luggage without informing your mover.
RISKS OF A MOVE
Moving Services creates certain risks to the customer’s property and/or person. We highly recommend that you personally transport any items of significant value or worth.
PLEASE NOTE: Wee-Move does not offer Full Value Protection and only provides Released Value Protection which covers $.60 cents per pound, per item; in receiving our services, you waive the Full Value Protection level of liability.
- Customers acknowledge that our company is not responsible for improper packing of containers you pack yourself, open boxes, items you do not provide enough protection (i.e. televisions) or you include perishable, dangerous, or hazardous materials in your shipment without your mover’s knowledge.
- The customer agrees our company’s responsibility only extends to items while under its care and custody and terminates when our company leaves the premises and/or after it loads and/or unloads customer’s goods.
- Customer or their authorized representative must be present during the start of the move and final “walkthrough”.
- You must inform us of any damages incurred during your move. Any damages must be noted on our damage report during the final “walk-through” and pictures must be taken with our company camera before we leave the job.
- We strongly recommend that you hire a professional to connect/disconnect all appliances, assemble/disassemble special items, mount/unmount items from walls, or require special instructions to operate/install.
- We may help upon request, and the Customer accepts all risks in performing this work. Our company will not be responsible for damages that may occur. We are not plumbers, electricians, or have any other specialty training to correctly perform these tasks.
- It is up to the customer to confirm the structural integrity and safety of items/furniture that have been assembled/disassembled prior to use.
- Our company accepts no responsibility and will not be held liable if our actions cause inconvenience, loss of earnings or any other cost to the customer even in cases where such losses are due to our negligence.
Wee-Move shall not be held responsible for damages on customer’s property or residence resulting from our services. Our company may use dollies or a hand truck(s) to facilitate removal or placement of appliances, etc., and damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc.are not the responsibility of our company.
Liability is limited to: $50.00 for damage to floors, walls, doors, and painted surfaces, if we cannot correct the situation ourselves. We reserve the right to attempt to mend damages to said areas first.
Driving over the lawn, sidewalk or other areas not suitable for a truck and may cause tire ruts, cracking of concrete, damage to plants/trees, damage to sprinklers and/or light fixtures, or in some cases, cause the truck to sink into the ground and become stuck. If this is requested, Wee-Move is not responsible for any of the damages to the property, towing charges, and/or ticket charges that may occur, and those charges will be the responsibility of the customer due immediately upon receipt. We reserve the right to decline driving over any terrain or property we feel may be unsafe.
Our company shall not be responsible for extended damages when moving items that have pre-existing damages, repaired, defects, deteriorated or have an inherent weakness. All items made of stone, concrete, porcelain, terracotta, clay, etc… may have internal/external chipping or cracking due to drying out weathering, or plant growth. These cracks and/or chips may not be visible and even with proper padding/care can still result in further damage.
MOVING SPECIAL ITEMS
Our company shall in no way be responsible for the working conditions of special items or certain equipment; including but not limited to: grandfather clocks, chandeliers, artwork, hydraulic sleep beds, cribs, grill/cooking equipment, or mechanical/electrical equipment (MCU/mechanical condition unknown).
- Our movers will move your pianos, appliances, and items over 300 lbs. if indeed the work can be done safely or per our discretion. We will not do anything we feel is unsafe in any way.
- We do not move pianos up or downstairs. If the piano has legs, you must remove them prior to being moved. We will not be responsible if the legs cannot be put back on.
- Our company shall not be responsible for damage to waterbeds or any subsequent damage.
DISCONNECT / CONNECT APPLIANCES
All appliances, including but not limited to refrigerators, washers, dryers, ovens/stoves, ac units, etc. must be disconnected or unmounted prior to our arrival. Disconnection includes but is not limited to, water lines and gas lines. Many home appliances are coated with a thin metal for visual appeal and have an extreme affinity to dents and scratches. We wrap all appliances but are not responsible for minor dents/scratches that may occur. Our company will not be responsible for plumbing/electrical problems that occur before, during or after the appliance has been handled or moved.
FLAT PANEL TV’S
All Televisions that fall under the description of flat-panel (LED, LCD, Plasma) are extremely sensitive items and must be moved in the original factory packaging or an approved equivalent. Our company is not liable for any flat panel TV’s that are not boxed and moved in the above manor. If a customer requests a flat panel TV to be moved without proper packaging he/she releases our company from any liability or any damage that may occur to the television during or after our services have ended.
PRESS-BOARD FURNITURE ITEMS
Press-board furniture is manufactured to be built and assembled once. The moving of press-board items in any way may cause joints to loosen and create a general weakness in the structure of the furniture. Wee-Move is not responsible for any damage that may occur to any press-board item in any way (joint weakness, chipping, scratching, denting, cracking, and/or complete collapse). We will not repair or replace these items if they are damaged by our services. These items are excluded from all moving claims or coverage.
Our company shall not be liable for “Ready to Assemble Furniture” made of engineered wood and paper laminate finish, due to the inherent risk and sub-standard structural integrity of this type of furniture.
When Wee-Move provides loading and/or unloading of a customer’s storage unit, Wee-Move is only responsible for items while in its immediate care, unless otherwise noted. When the doors are closed, Wee-Move liability ends. If Wee-Move returns to move these items later, it is considered a completely new job.
Wee-Move will only move empty aquariums and cages (This means empty of water, accessories, and most importantly, creatures including but not limited to: birds, fish, gerbils/hamsters, snakes, turtles, lizards, etc.). The transportation of pets in a moving box truck is unsafe and will not be allowed under any circumstances.
Please refer to our “DAMAGE WAIVER AND RELEASE” for more information