Saving Money When You Move
Moving can be expensive. We’ve come up with awesome money saving hacks for cutting back on moving costs. Make the best out of your move and save money at the same time.
- Look in your home
- Visit your local liquor store to ask if they can give you beer & wine boxes. Find out if they will throw any away or recycle that you can give away. Inspect the boxes, if any are worn you can use them to put away lightweight items like linens and towels. *Remember these boxes are not new, so be wary of what you put in them.
Budget Moving Saving Tips
FREE BOXES: Wine Boxes are great to put away your kitchen glasses since they already come with dividers. Also, depending on the type of box you use, some already have handles on the side.
Instead of Boxes Use Suitcases, Laundry Baskets, and Hampers
- Use storage bins and luggage to put away out-of-season clothes (i.e. winter coats). No need to unpack, ready for storage.
- Seasonal items: holiday decor
Money Saving Moving Supplies
- Instead of Furniture Pads use thick blankets, bedcovers
- Instead of Packing Paper use magazines or ask your local newspaper distributor for bundles of unsold newspaper (FYI: Ink can smear so only do this on glassware)
- Instead of Box Cutters use scissors or kitchen knives
- Instead of Bubble Wrap use clothes as fillers